Reiley Retreat Guadalupe River Retreat + firepit, great WiFi
Size –4 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms (2 full) 2 Baths (2 full) • Sleeps 1-10
*As of 10/14/21, our lake drained due to a spill gate failure on the dam that created our lake; it's now a meandering river. Please check photos (& read captions) for current water level.
Reiley Retreat is your vacation retreat, perched on the banks of the Guadalupe River. This bright, updated duplex offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the Texas outdoors with friends/family while having totally separate indoor living spaces. Fire pit & hammocks included. Sleeps 10 (max of 8 adults).
Our Lake Placid recently turned back into the Guadalupe River after a spill gate failure on the dam in October 2021. We now have a great spot for fishing, tubing, and lounging with your toes in the water. We have areas with calm, deeper water good for wading/fishing and some shallow, rocky areas with mini "rapids" for tubing or just sitting with your toes in the water. Bring a fishing rod, tube, lawn chair, water shoes, and you can have a wonderful time in the river. Or stay on the banks to relax in the hammock or roast marshmallows by the fire pit (s'mores sticks included).
- 4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms, sleeps 10 (max of 8 adults)
- Both sides of a duplex, allowing separate indoor spaces
- River access from backyard
- Great spot for fishing and tubing
- Hammocks, fire pit, s'mores sticks
- Great WiFi, even outside
- Smart TV
- Stocked with books, games, toys, puzzles
- Fully appointed kitchen w/ full size and countertop appliances
- Keurig and coffee pot w/ coffee bar
- Full size washer/dryer
- Comfortable beds
- Short drive to HEB, Walmart, Starbucks
- Centrally located to New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Austin
- (Agave) Primary bedroom - 1 queen bed
- (Agave) Second bedroom - 1 double bed, 1 twin bed (trundle)
- (Agave) Living room - 1 double sleeper sofa
- (Lone Star) Primary bedroom - 1 queen bed
- (Lone Star) Second bedroom - 1 double bed, 1 twin bed (trundle)
- (Lone Star) Living room - 1 queen sleeper sofa
If Reiley Retreat is booked on your preferred dates, please check out our sister property, Meadow Lake Retreat (2 tiny homes that can be rented together or separately on 100' of Meadow Lake/Guadalupe River which is still FULL OF WATER).
Guests have access to the entire home except for the 2 exterior owner's closets which are locked.
We're only a phone call away if you need anything. We have local maintenance and housekeeping available for needs that may arise during your stay with us.
You'll likely need a car to get around. HEB will deliver to your doorstep via Shipt. Please check on Uber/DoorDash as those services seem to be intermittent here.
Right off I-10 and very centrally located to:
- essentials like HEB, Walmart, Starbucks, restaurants, movie theater (<7 miles)
- Gruene/New Braunfels/Schlitterbahn (15 miles)
- San Marcos outlet malls (25 miles)
- San Antonio (~30 miles)
- Austin (~50 miles)
Reservations >2 weeks may require an additional cleaning fee.
NO smoking. Smoking of any kind (including tobacco, marijuana, e-cigarettes, vape pens, and hookahs) is prohibited at this property, inside and out.
NO large parties or gatherings allowed. We have neighbors with full-time residence nearby who will report back with excessive noise or groups that exceed the home limit. Parking limited to 6 vehicles.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 97.00 % if cancellation occurs at least 14 days before arrival; Guest receives 50.00 % if cancellation occurs at least 7 days before arrival; No refunds within 7 days of arrival.
About the OwnerMy husband and I ran a business in Austin for over 10 years and couldn't leave for more than a long weekend. We are both water lovers, so we started getting away for long weekends in Seguin on this chain of lakes (Guadalupe River). We fell in love and decided to buy a place for ourselves. It has turned into multiple properties that I manage, which gives me the flexibility to spend more time with our growing family. Plus, we always have a place to stay since this has become our favorite place to vacation!
|Setting & View||
2 Bathrooms (2 full)
2 Baths (2 full)
|Sports & Adventure||