The Loft House at Meadow Lake Retreat Meadow Lake Staycation+kayaks, firepit, great WiFi
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms (1 full, 1 half) 2 Baths (1 full, 1 half) • Sleeps 1-5
A beautiful, serene spot perched on the banks of Meadow Lake, part of the Guadalupe River. One of 2 lovely tiny homes on the property offers the comforts of home w/designer furnishing/accents. Enjoy >100' of lakefront while reconnecting w/the great outdoors w/fire pit, outdoor shower, swing-out big-screen TV, covered open-air dining/prep area. Plenty of room to spread out. Kayaks, paddleboards, floating mat included FREE. Great fishing. Sleeps 5 (max 4 adults). *Must be 25+ yrs to rent*
- 1 bedroom plus loft / 1 bathroom / 400 square feet
- Sleeps 5 (max of 4 adults)
- 100' of lakefront with no restrictions on swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing
- Included FREE with every rental: kayaks (1 and 2 man), stand up paddle boards (may be finless), floating mat, floats, life jackets from infant to adult...valued at over $400/day if rented locally
- Extensive outdoor space with hammock, swinging chair, covered open-air dining / lounge area with big screen TV, fire pit, s'mores sticks, outdoor shower and half bath
- Great WiFi, even at the waterfront
- Smart TV
- Stocked with books, games, toys, puzzles
- Fully appointed kitchen w/ full size and countertop appliances
- Coffee pot w/ coffee bar
- Full size washer/dryer
- Comfortable beds
- Short drive to HEB, Walmart, Starbucks
- Centrally located to New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Austin
- Primary bedroom - 1 queen bed (locking door)
- Loft - 3 twin beds (no privacy door, low 4' ceiling)
- Living room - 1 queen sleeper sofa
If you'll be using the sleeper sofa in the living room, there is not enough room for a pack n play in the house. If you're not using the sleeper sofa, then you'll be able to set up a pack n play in the living room.
The Loft House is one of 2 tiny homes on the property, so the outdoor areas and waterfront may be shared with up to 4 guests from the other tiny home, the Bunk House. Your house is private (all to yourself) with your own attached front porch, as well as separate outdoor dining, grill, hammock chair, hammock, and paddles. The Shed, fire pit, outdoor area, and waterfront are shared with plenty of room to spread out. There are 2 exits from the water, a staircase and a ladder. There are enough kayaks, paddleboards, and life jackets to “divide and conquer” if you choose. We’ve actually had a number of folks tell us they enjoyed “socially distant” s’mores around the fire pit.
If Meadow Lake Retreat Loft House is booked on your preferred dates, please check out the other tiny house on the property, Meadow Lake Retreat Bunk House. We also own Reiley Retreat (2 units of a duplex that can be rented together or separately on Guadalupe River).
We're only a phone call away if you need anything. We have local maintenance and housekeeping available for needs that may arise during your stay with us.
We love this place because it's quiet, near the end of a dead end country road with cows and lots of stars. But it's still super convenient (5 minutes) to many things like Walmart and HEB.
Right off I-10 and very centrally located to:
- essentials like HEB, Walmart, Starbucks, restaurants, movie theater (<6 miles)
- Gruene/New Braunfels/Schlitterbahn (20 miles)
- San Marcos outlet malls (25 miles)
- San Antonio (~40 miles)
- Austin (~50 miles)
You'll likely need a car to get around. HEB will deliver to your doorstep via Shipt. Please check on Uber/DoorDash as those services seem to be intermittent here.
Reservations >2 weeks may require an additional cleaning fee.
NO smoking. Smoking of any kind (including tobacco, marijuana, e-cigarettes, vape pens, and hookahs) is prohibited at this property, inside and out.
NO pets. Although we are pet lovers, this is a shared property with other guests who may be sensitive (allergic, fearful) to pets.
NO large parties or gatherings allowed. We have neighbors with full-time residence nearby who will report back with excessive noise or groups that exceed the home limit.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 97.00 % if cancellation occurs at least 14 days before arrival; Guest receives 50.00 % if cancellation occurs at least 7 days before arrival; No refunds within 7 days of arrival.
About the OwnerMy husband and I ran a business in Austin for over 10 years and couldn't leave for more than a long weekend. We are both water lovers, so we started getting away for long weekends in Seguin on this chain of lakes (Guadalupe River). We fell in love and decided to buy a place for ourselves. It has turned into multiple properties that I manage, which gives me the flexibility to spend more time with our growing family. Plus, we always have a place to stay since this has become our favorite place to vacation!
|Property Type||Tiny House|
|Setting & View||
2 Bathrooms (1 full, 1 half)
2 Baths (1 full, 1 half)
|Sports & Adventure||