The Lone Star at Reiley Retreat River Access Staycation / Great WiFi
Size –2 Bedrooms • 1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 1-4
Reiley Retreat is your vacation retreat, perched above the banks of the Guadalupe River. This bright, updated duplex offers comforts of home with a surplus of amenities, a great location to explore Central Texas. Fire pit & hammocks included. Sleeps 4.
Our Lake Placid recently turned back into the Guadalupe River after a spill gate failure on the dam in October 2021. We have areas with calm, deeper water good for wading/fishing and some shallow, rocky areas with mini "rapids" for playing or just sitting with your toes in the water. Bring a fishing rod and/or river shoes, and you can have a wonderful time. Or stay on the banks to relax in the hammock or roast marshmallows by the fire pit (s'mores sticks included). **Please read photo captions as a few depict previous water level as well as current condition of river bed.
- 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom, sleeps 4
- River access from backyard, ~3-4 minute walk to the water, navigating a path through wild greenery in many spots. It can involve some bush-whacking and mud-larking, and can sometimes involve a tropical rainforest adventure due to the weeds that have taken over the river bed.
- Good for fishing and wading once you find the river
- Hammocks, propane grill, fire pit, s'mores sticks
- Great WiFi, even outside
- Smart TV
- Stocked with books, games, toys, puzzles
- Fully appointed kitchen w/ full size and countertop appliances
- Keurig and coffee pot w/ coffee bar
- Full size washer/dryer
- Comfortable beds
- Short drive to HEB, Walmart, Starbucks
- Centrally located to New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Austin
- Primary bedroom - 1 queen bed
- Second bedroom - 1 double bed, 1 twin bed (trundle)
- Living room - 1 queen sleeper sofa
This listing is for one side of a duplex. You'll have the carport/driveway, inside living space, and back deck (outdoor dining/grill) to yourself, but the lawn/firepit/hammock area may be shared with up to 4 guests from the other unit. We've even had a number of folks tell us they enjoyed “socially distant” s’mores around the fire pit.
If The Lone Star at Reiley Retreat is booked on your preferred dates, please check out the other unit of this duplex, The Agave at Reiley Retreat. We also own Meadow Lake Retreat (2 tiny homes on Meadow Lake in Seguin) and Lake Nolte Retreat (1 tiny home on Lake Nolte in Seguin), which are still FULL OF WATER.
We're only a phone call away if you need anything. We have local maintenance and housekeeping available for needs that may arise during your stay with us.
You'll likely need a car to get around. HEB will deliver to your doorstep via Shipt. Please check on Uber/DoorDash as those services seem to be intermittent here.
Right off I-10 and very centrally located to:
- essentials like HEB, Walmart, Starbucks, restaurants, movie theater (<7 miles)
- Gruene/New Braunfels/Schlitterbahn (15 miles)
- San Marcos outlet malls (25 miles)
- San Antonio (~30 miles)
- Austin (~50 miles)
Reservations >2 weeks may require an additional cleaning fee.
NO smoking. Smoking of any kind (including tobacco, marijuana, e-cigarettes, vape pens, and hookahs) is prohibited at this property, inside and out.
NO pets. Although we are pet lovers, this is a shared property with other guests who may be sensitive (allergic, fearful) to pets.
NO large parties or gatherings allowed. We have neighbors with full-time residence nearby who will report back with excessive noise or groups that exceed the home limit. Parking limited to 2 vehicles.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Ninety-seven percent (97.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Fifty percent (50.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 7 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 7 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
About the OwnerMy husband and I ran a business in Austin for over 10 years and couldn't leave for more than a long weekend. We are both water lovers, so we started getting away for long weekends in Seguin on this chain of lakes (Guadalupe River). We fell in love and decided to buy a place for ourselves. It has turned into multiple properties that I manage, which gives me the flexibility to spend more time with our growing family. Plus, we always have a place to stay since this has become our favorite place to vacation!
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||